Kansas City Bicycle Accident Attorney
Have You Been Injured on a Bike?
Kansas City is full of people who ride bikes — for transportation, for recreation, for exercise and for environmental reasons. Unfortunately, a great number of bike riders are injured every year on our roads by inattentive drivers, dangerous road conditions, dangerous products and other causes.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bike wreck, contact Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law to schedule a free consultation. Call 1-800-734-3771, 913-681-5566, or 816-966-0099.
What Caused the Bike Accident?
In order to seek compensation for injured bike riders, it is first necessary to determine the exact cause of the accident. Mike Lawless will carefully examine a number of factors and work with accident investigators to discover why and how an accident occurred. Some of the most common causes of bike accidents include:
- Inattentive drivers/ Drivers who fail to see bicyclists
- Improper turns
- Dangerous road conditions
- Dangerous public or private property
- Dangerous bikes and bike products (we can pursue a product liability claim)
We represent clients who have been injured, disabled or lost loved ones (wrongful death) in serious bicycle accidents.
Insurance Coverage in Kansas and Missouri
Insurance coverage and the availability of compensation for injured bikers is different in Kansas and Missouri:
- Kansas — most automobiles registered in Kansas are required to include Personal Injury Protection (or PIP) coverage in addition to normal car insurance. PIP benefits are available to any person injured in an accident caused by a negligent motorist
- Missouri — Missouri motorists have Medical Payments (or MedPay) coverage that is used to cover the medical expenses of an injured party in the event of an accident
In addition to PIP and MedPay coverage, we will explore every option when seeking compensation, including car insurance and health insurance. We have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and seeking the highest amount of compensation available.
Practicing for 29 years, Mike Lawless has a demonstrated record of compelling insurance companies to provide rightful settlement. When litigation is necessary, he is a skilled trial lawyer who lays out a persuasive argument to a jury.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
To speak to an attorney in a free consultation, call our Lenexa, Kansas office at 913-681-5566, our Grandview, Missouri office at 816-966-0099, or call us toll free at 1-800-734-3771. You may also contact us online.