We Handle All Workers Compensation Claims
Advocating for Injured Workers in Kansas and Missouri
Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law has the experience and access to medical experts to handle all types of work injuries. If you cannot work because of injury or illness resulting from performance of your job, contact our Lenexa, Kansas firm to arrange a free consultation. We represent injured workers in the greater Kansas City metro area, and surrounding counties, including appointments at our office in Grandview, Missouri. Call 1-800-734-3771.
About Work Injuries
You do not have to be involved in a terrible accident to claim worker's comp benefits. Your injury could be a severe back strain from lifting a heavy object, a cumulative injury from repetitive tasks or an illness related to chemical exposure.
At Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law, we always take the time to explain the entire workers' comp process. We will help clients file the initial claim and represent them at all subsequent hearings. Together, we will work to secure the full benefits you deserve.
Work Injuries and Accidents We Have Handled
- Falling injuries
- Slips from ladders
- Falls from heights of all kinds
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Falls from ladders with bi-lateral gripping to break the fall resulting in traumatic carpal tunnel injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused by repetitive stress
- Back injuries
- Low back L-4, L-5-S1
- Bending, lifting or twisting resulting in back injury
- Cervical myelopathy - Traumatic spinal cord injury to the cervical spine with resulting injury to the lower extremities
- Low back / pallet jack injuries
- Equipment accidents
- Forklift and heavy equipment accidents, crushed feet
- Machinery and tool injuries (drill press, jackhammer, power saw, etc.)
- Repetitive work injuries
- Repetitive gripping and use of the bi-lateral extremities by package handlers, warehousemen, meat cutters, mechanics, firemen, etc.
- Hearing loss caused by repeated exposure to explosions, loud equipment, gun fire, barking police dogs, etc.
- Falling items
- Falling merchandise or work products
- Transmissions falling on mechanics
- Burns from industrial fluids
- Burns from explosions
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome — Formerly known as RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), it is nerve damage from a crushed foot or hand or other injury to extremities. It causes the appendage to wither and requires massive treatment.
- Vehicle accidents
- Company vehicles
- Personal vehicles while on duty
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Other body parts — Injuries to knees, meniscus, feet ankles, shoulders, rotator cuff, head trauma, brain injuries, etc.
Repetitive Trauma Injury
In Missouri, you must have a traumatic injury to the joint in order to qualify for benefits, while carpal tunnel and repetitive stress injuries remain viable in Kansas. If you were hired or work in Kansas, we can file your claim in that jurisdiction.
Workers' Comp — Types of Claims
Our firm handles all types of work injury claims, including:
- Temporary total disability- compensation paid to workers who are only temporarily unable to work
- Permanent partial disability- compensation paid to workers who have permanent physical injuries but are able to continue with some sort of work
- Permanent total disability- compensation paid to workers who have reached maximum medical improvement but are left with the complete inability to return to any substantial or gainful employment
- Whole body based work disability- applies to Kansas cases only. Mike Lawless works closely with physicians and medical specialists to certify that you are unable to return to work or unable to perform in the same capacity as before the injury
- Third-party liability claims — in cases where a worker is injured in a vehicle or defective equipment accident, compensation can be secured through third-party liability claims against negligent parties or negligent manufacturers.
Our bottom line is the compensation you need and the proper medical care you deserve. We take many work injury cases to trial when required to secure full disability benefits for our clients. In most cases, we can work out a fair settlement with your employer's insurance company.
Call Today at 1-800-734-3771, 913-681-5566, or 816-966-0099
Contact a work injury lawyer who has helped hundreds of Kansas and Missouri clients for over 29 years. We offer a free initial consultation.